LOCAL BUS PHONG NHA – PHONG NHA
The Dong Hoi-Phong Nha bus station is front of our Hotel
In the morning: 5:30 AM, 6:00 AM, 7:00 AM, 9:00 AM, 10:00 AM, 10:45 AM
In the afternoon: 1:00 PM, 2:00 PM, 3:00 PM, 4:00 PM, 50:00 PM.
HANOI TO/FROM DONG HOI
bus and of course by flight.
You will need to be at Hanoi Backpackers at 6:00 PM where you will meet the bus and travel a short distance further to the office of the bus company to pick up other guests, before the 7:00 PM departure from Ha Noi to Dong Hoi. You can also try and book at any travel agent in the old quarter and they will provide you with a map to the departure point which is located on the highway.
The sleeping bus is comfortable, air-conditioned and occasionally has wi-fi if you are lucky. There is a small toilet at the back of the bus and you’ll also make a stop along the way near Ninh Binh, where there are (basic) toilet facilities.
It costs approximately VND 250,000 from Ha Noi to Dong Hoi (the price might increase dramatically during Tet holiday, International Labor Day and Vietnamese National Day). The bus stops between 4 – 5 AM in the following morning.
We recommend the following trains from Hanoi to Dong Hoi:
- • SE1 – departs Ha Noi at 7:30 PM and arrives the following morning in Dong Hoi at 5:35 AM
- • SE3 – departs Ha Noi at 10:0 PM and arrives the following morning in Dong Hoi at 7:25 AM
- • SE19 – departs Ha Noi at 8:10 PM and arrives the following morning in Dong Hoi at 6:24 AM
- • SE5 – departs Ha Noi at 9:00 AM and arrives in Dong Hoi at 7:22 PM
- • SE7 – departs Ha Noi at 6:00 AM and arrives in Dong Hoi at 4:21 PM
You can find the full list of available trains here: https://vietnam-railway.com/train/route/train-from-hanoi-to-dong-hoi, and here: https://vietnam-railway.com/train/route/train-from-dong-hoi-to-hanoi. Of course, please contact our team if you have any further questions about train travel.
You can take the taxi to reach us when you get to train station, the price for taxi is around VND 50.000 for a car 4 seats.
HUE TO/FROM DONG HOI
Hue is located just a few hours drive from Dong Hoi. It is a relatively convenient route with trains and buses of offer from a number of companies, as well as it being a short drive by private transfer if you preferred.
Hue is just a short 4-hour train journey from Dong Hoi.
- • SE2 – departs Hue at 3:31 PM and arrives in Dong Hoi at 6:30 PM
- • SE4 – departs Hue at 4:47 PM and arrives in Dong Hoi at 7:37 PM
- • SE6 – departs Hue at 5:39 AM and arrives in Dong Hoi at 9:01 AM
You can see a full list of times on the Vietnam Railways website here: https://vietnamrailway.com/train/route/train-from-hue-to-dong-hoi or here: https://vietnam-railway.com/train/route/train-from-dong-hoi-to-hue
You can take the taxi to reach us when you get to train station, the price for taxi is around VND 60.000 for a car 4 seats .
HO CHI MINH CITY TO DONG HOI
both just too long to be viable options for those wanting to get quickly between the two cities. Alternatively, for those on a budget but who have a little bit more time, it’s common to find that the cheapest flights are often available between HCMC and Da Nang or Hue (versus direct to Dong Hoi). From Da Nang or Hue, one can find a train or bus to get to Dong Hoi directly.
- Đồng Hới Police Station: +84(0)2 32 3822142
- Quảng Bình Immigration Office: +84(0)232 3828648
- • Police: 0232 113
- • Fire Station: 0232 114
- • Ambulance: 0232 115